Martn Bowlng, 28, collapsed at a pub in Romford, Essex, after becoming so hooked he was spending £75 a week on high-energy sodas – now he calls them “death in a can”
An energy drink addict almost died of a heart attack after downing eight cans of caffeine-laced beverages.
Martin Bowling, 28, an insurance worker from Essex, became so hooked on the high-caffeine drinks he was spending £75 a week on them.
But his seven-year dependency nearly had a disastrous effect after he collapsed at a pub in Romford and was rushed to hospital.
Medics later confirmed he had suffered a heart attack and is now recovering following treatment at a specialist chest hospital in London.
Martin now calls the energy drinks, “death in a can”.
He said: “There was no warning signs, I don’t know if it hurt, I just remember hitting the floor and waking up in hospital.
Read full article here